Montana Estates Community Association
Board of Directors Open Meeting
April 16, 2020
The regular meeting of the Montana Estates Community was held via telephone conference due to the coronavirus and a shelter in place mandate. Cindy Gathe called the meeting to order at 1:30 P.M. on April 16, 2020.
Cindy Gathe, Barbara Hein, Veronica Del Rio, Ron Sabin, and Bob and Deborah Balzano. Bob Van Doren was absent.
Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the previous meeting were unanimously approved as distributed.
• 37 owners were sent late notices
• Cindy will conduct property inspections either today or tomorrow.
• The revised CC&R’s are on hold. No new instruments approved.
• The homeowner with a dishwasher sitting outside was notified the dishwasher had to be removed. She is the granddaughter of the original owner, and will be sending a deed to verify she is the new owner of the house. Her grandson, a firefighter in Phoenix, is currently living in the home and will remove the dishwasher from view.
• New tenants are living in a house across from the Terraces and their children are skateboarding on the street and parking areas of the Terraces. Barbara was advised to call the police and to inform her association to post No Trespassing signs.
• Issues with Jonny’s Landscaping. 1) Front entrance landscaping not looking good. Jonny’s understanding was to maintain as is, and we would need to pay extra for Spring pre-emergence herbicide. 2) Nor should we incur a new cost for removal of old trees and branches as they weren’t picked up from the original cleaning. 3) Bob was going to check past billing for accuracy in winter and summer billing.
• DHB Management to send reminders to residents regarding Spring Yard Cleaning and to remember to submit a form for Architectural Review prior to any outdoor remodeling. Ron suggested adding our web address where the form can be obtained.
• Judy Chandran has resigned and no longer serves on the board. Cindy Gathe (President) will set up appointments with Bank of America and OneAZ to have Judy Chandran’s name removed as a signer and will add Barbara Hein (board member) as a new signer. Robert Balzano, of DHB Management, will also be added for on-line viewing of statements only.
Meeting was adjourned at 2:24 P.M. by Cindy Gathe. The next general meeting will be at 1:30 P.M. on May 21, 2020, via tele conference again if necessary.
Minutes submitted by: Veronica Del Rio